Enjoy these Apple Nachos! Healthy, fun and easy to make…
- Wash, core and cut apples into about 1/4 inch slices.
- Place apple slices in a small bowl with the lemon juice, toss to coat.
- Warm the nut butter so it can be drizzled. You can use a pastry/piping bag or a ziploc bag with a small hole cut in the corner.
- On a platter, arrange the apple slices, starting from the outside, in a circle.
- The nut butter can be drizzled, starting from the inside making a circular pattern, going out or, in a zig-zag pattern.
- The balsamic vinegar can be added next, followed by a sprinkle of dark chocolate chips.
- Add any other topping you’d like to use, such as, cinnamon, shredded coconut, raisins, cacao nibs, ground cardamom, berries, granola, dried fruit or sliced almonds (or any favorite nut or seed).
- Enjoy this fun, easy, festive treat!
NOTE: May use red and green apples for a combination of sweet and tart.
Apple Nachos are a healthy, fall treat and are especially delicious drizzled with almond butter, balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of dark chocolate chips.