- 1 medium or 2 small watermelon radishes
- several regular small radishes
- 1 small, crisp apple
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped (we used sliced almonds)
- fresh mint leaves
- shavings of Wisconsin Cheddar (or cheese of your choice)
- Use a mandoline in order to slice the apple and radishes and set to the thinnest setting (we didn’t have one). Slice the radishes and the apple and immediately squeeze lemon juice on the apple slices to prevent browning.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients and taste. Adjust to preference.
- Toss radishes and apple slices in dressing, then arrange on a platter, along with mint and nuts. Top with the cheese and serve.