- 3 sweet potatoes (or russet), scrubbed clean
- 2 tbsp. Saporito Tuscan Herb EVOO
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (turkey bacon works well, too)
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (we substituted with fresh cilantro)
- sour cream or yogurt, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°. Slice potatoes into 1/2″ coins.
- In a large bowl, toss the potato rounds in EVOO. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne and garlic powder, and toss until evenly coated. Place in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
- Top each potato round with cheese and bacon. Broil until melty, about 2 minutes.
- Dollop sour cream or yogurt onto each potato and garnish with green onions (or cilantro).