The most wonderful thing about this pesto recipe is that it’s packed with flavor and is so satisfying and versatile.
Use the freshest, seasonal ingredients and indulge. Check your local farmers markets and favorite grocer for tasty possibilities.
- 1⁄2 cup raw walnuts (or pecans, pine nuts, cashews, hemp seeds)
- 1⁄2 cup Saporito Tuscan Herb Olive Oil or robust EVOO
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, tough stems removed (or kale, basil, spinach, carrot tops, etc.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- several garlic cloves
- fresh-squeezed juice from 1 lemon (optional)
Place walnuts in a food processor with cilantro, sea salt, garlic and extra virgin olive oil and grind until desired consistency.
Taste and adjust. Add (optional) lemon juice, more garlic, etc. and taste again.
Serve with fish, chicken or zucchini noodles. This pesto is an amazing condiment, as it adds tremendous flavor to cucumbers, crackers, sandwiches, or as a dip with carrots or with any raw or roasted vegetable.
Simply delicious, even right out of the jar!
NOTE: Keep leftover pesto in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container and use within a week. Frozen ice cube tray pesto cubes can be placed in plastic freezer bags for up to 6 months or in small jars or plastic containers for up to 1 year.