- 1.5 cups very ripe bananas (3 fresh bananas or 4 thawed, previously frozen bananas)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cups flour (we use gluten-free)
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Saporito Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil
- 1 cup sugar (or alternate sweetener)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk (homemade can be made by adding 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice to regular milk)
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients
- Pre-heat oven to 275º F, and grease and flour (or spray) a 9×13 cake pan.
- Mash banana and mix with lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- For homemade buttermilk, combine milk and vinegar/lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream Saporito Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil and sugar (or alternate sweetener) with electric beaters.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Stir in bananas.
- Pour batter into your cake pan.
Bake at 275º F for 1 hour and 10 mins (or until knife comes out clean).
Immediately place in freezer for 45 minutes.
If not completely cool at the 45 minute mark, let it sit on the counter until cool enough to frost.
Cream Cheese Icing Directions
- Cream butter and cream cheese.
- Beat in vanilla and whipped cream (or sweetener) on low until combined, then high until smooth.
NOTE: Modified recipe from happyhooligans.ca.