- 4 servings of flank steak, boneless rib eye steaks (about ¾ inches thick), or any other tender beefsteaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 Tablespoons Saporito Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), divided
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup Saporito Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- few shakes of sea salt and pepper
DIRECTIONS FOR STEAKS
- Coat steaks with 1 Tablespoon EVOO and generously salt and pepper both sides. Grill or pan fry steaks as desired, flipping once during cooking.
- Use an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into steak, pulling steaks when the internal temperature registers 120° for rare, 125° for medium-rare, and 135-140° for medium. Grilling and pan-frying times may vary depending on steak thickness. Transfer steaks to a plate (using tongs instead of a fork) and tent with foil to keep warm.
DIRECTIONS FOR GLAZE
- Add remaining 2 Tablespoons EVOO to a skillet or sauté pan over medium heat (if pan-frying steaks use the same skillet).
- Add shallots and rosemary and cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shallots start to become translucent.
- Add Espresso Balsamic Vinegar and continue cooking to reduce mixture to a glaze, about 1 minute If pan-frying steaks and using the same skillet, scrape up browned bits.
- Add remaining juices from plate holding the tented steaks. Drizzle over warm steaks and serve immediately. Serves 4.