a healthy DIY granola from scratch
This delicious homemade granola is naturally sweetened with balsamic vinegar and honey. It is made with rolled oats, extra virgin olive oil, favorite nuts, seeds and dried fruit.
A perfect snack. Amazing with fruit or yogurt. An excellent salad or ice cream topper.
- 1/2 cup Saporito Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp Saporito Vermont Maple or Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cups of thick cut oats
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup whole unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (or sliced almonds or nut of choice)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (we use unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 large pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325°. Combine olive oil and honey. Warm on low for a few minutes and stir. Add vanilla, cinnamon and balsamic and set aside.
- Mix together oats, nuts, coconut and raisins in another bowl until well blended.
- Add the olive oil mixture and stir until every oat, nut and fruit is lightly coated. Add sea salt and stir.
- Spread evenly onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Remove from oven & cool. Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed, before breaking it into pieces (and adding totally optional dark chocolate chips). The granola will further crisp up as it cools.
- Once cool, store in an airtight container or bag at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks, or in a sealed freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
A perfect snack, salad or yogurt topping, this homemade granola is made with Saporito Blood Orange Olive Oil and Vermont Maple Balsamic, along with your favorite nuts, seeds and dried fruit.