- 3 cups fresh kale, washed
- 1 whole Ruby Red Grapefruit, cut in half, fruit removed, and its juice (or other fresh citrus)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Saporito Extra Virgin Olive Oil (robust recommended)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 1/4 cup raw or Spiced Pecans
In a large bowl, toss the kale with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Massage the olive oil into the kale with your hands until the kale turns bright green and glossy, about 2-3 minutes.
Place kale in serving bowl. Once the grapefruit has been cut and fruit removed, squeeze remaining juice over kale, salt and pepper and toss. Add Ruby Red Grapefruit, shredded carrots and pecans.
ENJOY this simple, lovely winter salad!